Ultrix-32 2.2 panic

Fuat C. Baran fuat at cunixc.cc.columbia.edu
Sat Jul 30 06:48:23 AEST 1988

In article <50690 at felix.UUCP> mvw at eurtrx.UUCP (Maarten van Wijk) writes:
>I am running Ultrix-32 2.2 and when I shut the system down to single user
>the system sometimes panics with
>
>panic: km_free: bad dealloc
>
>Digital telephone support says this is a known problem in 2.0 but has
>been fixed in 2.2. Is anybody else running 2.2 having this trouble?

I just received the release notes for Ultrix 2.3.  Page 2-3 of the
release notes says:

	"Changes in the accounting state could cause several different
	system panics; for example, a km_free: bad dealloc message
	when shutting down system down.  These panics have been
	eliminated."

In other words, the problem exists in an unpatched 2.2 system.  You
might be able to get a patch for this problem.

						--Fuat

--
ARPANET: fuat at columbia.edu           U.S. MAIL: Columbia University
BITNET:  fuat at cunixc.cc.columbia.edu            Center for Computing Activities