Ultrix 1.2 MAXUSERS

Masaaki YAMANAKA yam at ven99.cpgv.sony.junet.UUCP
Mon Jul 25 23:41:45 AEST 1988

How do you do

In article <41605 at felix.UUCP>,
	ff at cpsvax.cps.msu.edu (Bruce McMillin) says:
> I am running Ultrix 1.2 on a VAX 8600.  As we climb up to 33 or so
> users, I am getting a warning about "maximum numer of users exceeded".

You were distributed 32 users license from DEC, were not you ?
More than 32 persons may be able to login if you will buy a license
for more users e.g. 128 users. I.e. the number of the person who
are able to login is according to the license, not to the MAXUSERS.

The MAXUSERS entry is used for sharing or occupying the working memory
of each user's job. Then MAXUSER should be set to larger number
than what DEC's license is permitting.

For the detail, I think it is better that you will get the informaion
from the system engineer of DEC.

--
Masaaki Yamanaka
SONY Corp.  Communication Products Group  email : yam at cpgv.sony.junet
            Video Products Division       phone : 0462 - 30 - 5734
            Atsugi city, Kanagawa, JAPAN  ham   : JA5EWJ/1