Ultrix 1.2 MAXUSERS

beadel at oswego.UUCP beadel at oswego.UUCP
Tue Jun 21 07:33:14 AEST 1988

In article <41605 at felix.UUCP> ff at cpsvax.cps.msu.edu (Bruce McMillin) writes:

>I am running Ultrix 1.2 on a VAX 8600.  As we climb up to 33 or so
>users, I am getting a warning about "maximum numer of users exceeded".
>This is strange since I have MAXUSERS set to 128 (I checked, it is set
>in the makefile to 128).  Has anybody seen this?  We do not have the
>source here.  Is it possible (probable) that not all the relevant code
>gets recompiled when MAXUSERS is changed?

What size "user upgrade" did you buy? The number of users you can have on
an ULTRIX system has an upper limit that is dependent on the size of
"user upgrade" that you buy no matter what you set MAXUSERS to. eg. you
can *reduce* MAXUSERS but you can not *exceed* the number that you are
licenced for.

-ed

--
Edward F. Beadel, Jr., Assistant Director
Instructional Computing Center