automatic reboot

Carl Lowenstein cdl at mplvax.nosc.MIL
Wed Nov 9 00:19:38 AEST 1988

In article <60434 at felix.UUCP> cdl at mplvax.nosc.MIL (Carl Lowenstein) writes:

>VaxStation II.  Hardware setup options that I can use to make the
>machine reboot after a power-down, power-up sequence?

I'll answer my own dumb question.  The paddle switch on the rear panel
which is documented to "enable/disable halts" affects not only the
function of the front-panel Halt button but also the function of a
programmed HALT instruction.  RTFP (Read the fine print)!  So if you
put the switch down, the ROM bootstrap will just carry on after system
tests and look for a bootable storage device.

--
	carl lowenstein		marine physical lab	u.c. san diego
	{ihnp4|decvax|ucbvax}	!ucsd!mplvax!cdl