Quotas

Jayashree Ramanathan jaya at CPSVAX.CPS.MSU.EDU
Thu Nov 10 01:43:43 AEST 1988

This is with respect to Ultrix-32 v2.2 on a VAX8600.

I am having problems in bringing quota into effect immediately, for a new user, who is assigned to a file system which already has "quotas on". I
assign the quota using "edquota username", but when i do "quota username"
I get "no quotas for this user". I find that when the system is rebooted
the quotas become effective. Can someone suggest a way of bringing it into
effect without a reboot? There should be some way, I am sure.

Thanks,