DECstation 3100 & SCSI info

Ricky Palmer - 603881-0370 - ZK3-3/T74 rsp at decvax.dec.com
Thu Apr 13 01:07:13 AEST 1989

-------
Actually, I suspect you don't have the SDC version of everything or else
were an early field test site. The current delivered DS3100 with SDC
software is blazing fast. I have an RZ55 on mine on which I get around
800-900 KB/sec through the filesystem. The RZ55 only has 36 sectors per
track so I consider this to be quite good. If I "dd" from this disk
to /dev/null at bs=64k I get about 1.1 MB/sec. which is just about
36 sectors/track * 60 revs/second * 512 bytes/sector * 1 track/rev *
.000001 MB/byte.

					Ricky Palmer
---   Ricky Palmer	 Ultrix Advanced Development
---   Digital Equipment Corporation
---   Nashua, New Hampshire
---   ... One of the fathers of PMAX ...