mkfontdir under DECwindows

kris graham graham at fuel.dec.com
Thu Aug 24 02:53:05 AEST 1989

>ok, i give - does anyone know how to install fonts under DECwindows?
>I looked at the man page for `dxfc' (their bdftosnf) and it doesn't
>say anything.

>mkfontdir doesn't exist, nor does it recognize their .snf format,
>and the DECwindow font directories don't have fonts.dir files.
>--
>Dirk Grunwald -- Univ. of Illinois 		  (grunwald at flute.cs.uiuc.edu)

%man bdftosnf   [ also, 'man xfc'']

NAME
     bdftosnf - BDF to SNF font compiler for X11

SYNTAX
     bdftosnf [-p#] [-s#] [-m] [-l] [-M] [-L] [-w] [-t] [bdf-
     file]

DESCRIPTION
     The bdftosnf command reads a Character Bitmap Distribution
     Format (BDF) font from the specified file (or from standard
     input if no file is specified) and writes an X11 server nor-
     mal font (SNF) to standard output.

OPTIONS
     -p#     Force the glyph padding to a specific number.  The
             legal values are 1, 2, 4, and 8.  -s# Force the
             scanline unit padding to a specific number.  The
             legal values are 1, 2, and 4.

     -m      Force the bit order to most significant bit first.

     -l      Force the bit order to least significant bit first.

     -M      Force the byte order to most significant bit first.

     -L      Force the byte order to least significant bit first.

     -w      Print warnings if the character bitmaps have bits
             set to one outside of their defined widths.

     -t      Expand glyphs in terminal-emulator fonts to fill the
             bounding box.

SEE ALSO
     X(1X), Xserver(X)

--