Exabytes and dumpsets

John Gilmour gilmour at trlsasb.oz
Fri Aug 4 08:15:40 AEST 1989

We've been experiencing difficulities with file positioning when trying to
restore files from an Exabyte connected to a vax3600 running ULTRIX 2.2.
The restore program can't seem to position itself correctly on
a dumpset that is positioned past the 3rd dumpset to have been written
to the tape; for example when i do a "/etc/restore ivfs /dev/nrmt1h 5" it
either tells me to mount a second volume or returns with an i/o error.

Any advice?

Thanks,
	John Gilmour,
	Telecom Research,
	22 Winterton Rd, Clayton, 3168, Australia.
	email: gilmour at trlsasb.oz.au