Ultrix UWS 2.0 install on DS3100

Peter Robert Schmitt pete at eleazar.dartmouth.edu
Thu Aug 10 23:59:46 AEST 1989

In article <7606 at cbmvax.UUCP> grr at cbmvax.UUCP (George Robbins) writes:
>In article <14945 at dartvax.Dartmouth.EDU> pete at eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Peter Robert Schmitt) writes:
>> setld is getting a syntax error on line 1231 when installing the
>> supported software on a DS3100.  this line happens to be a comment
>> line.  has anyone seen this one?
>
>You haven't installed some alternate shell as /bin/sh have you?
>
>I'd try doing a "sh -x /etc/setld ...parameters..." to see where it
>is really choking...

No I haven't used an alternate shell.  Can't run the setld after the
install fails.  It complains (about 40 lines worth) that it runs out
of swap space then hangs the system.  We are installing onto an RZ55
using the default partitions for /, /usr, and swap.  We figure DEC
gave us a bad distribution.