HELP!! Problems Installing Ultrix on a DECstation 3100

George Robbins grr at cbmvax.UUCP
Fri Aug 11 00:28:07 AEST 1989

In article <704 at stsci.edu> evans at stsci.EDU (Ian Evans) writes:
> We have just purchased 5 new DECstations 3100'sand are having a lot of problems
> trying to get Ultrix up and running.  Can anyone suggest what we are doing
> wrong?...
>
> We can install Ultrix V3.0/UWS V2.0 (both the supported and unsupported
> software) without any problems.
>
> We then attempt to install the Ultrix 3.1/UWS 2.1 update.  The first problem
> here is that our media and doc kit didn't include the Installation Guide and
> Release Notes mentioned in the cover letter.  What we did was to do a
> /etc/setld -l /dev/rmt0h which seemed to work an gave us a list of options
> to install.  We asked it to install ALL options.

I think perhaps you don't want to install "all" the upgrade, rather just
those things that have "UWS" in their names...  Give it a try, and beat
on DEC for the 3.1 release notes...

Disclaimer:  No 3100's (yet) and no UWS here.

but no way officially representing	arpa: cbmvax!grr at uunet.uu.net