VS3100 and ThinEthernet

Johan Vromans jv at mh.nl
Thu Aug 3 09:26:10 AEST 1989

Hello,

I've been working with a VAXstation3100 for a few weeks. It was
connected to our Ethernet using a dropcable to one of the DELNIs.
Recently I switched to a local thin-wire Ethernet, which is connected
to our main network via a DESPR.

When I'm connected to a system on the network, e.g. via DECterm, the
connection frequently stucks for about three seconds, and then
continues. Sometimes it is even worse: about six seconds. This did not
happen when I was connected directly to the DELNI.

This behaviour makes interactive working, e.g. editing, a nuisance, if not
impossible.

Does this problem sound familiar to anyone? Any hints?

Thanks in advance,

	Johan
--
Johan Vromans				       jv at mh.nl via internet backbones
Multihouse Automatisering bv		       uucp: ..!{mcvax,hp4nl}!mh.nl!jv