UUCP & Domain names (Re: Setting up BIND Client)

David Herron -- One of the vertebrae david at ms.uky.edu
Sun Aug 6 15:55:08 AEST 1989

hmmm ... making an assumption that UUCP name == first component of domain
name won't always work.  For instance, our UUCP name is "ukma", but the
machine doing UUCP here is "g.ms.uky.edu".

A useful hack I did here -- with the 4.3BSD UUCP -- was to use the thing
which wanted to read from /etc/uucpname but hack it up to read from
/usr/lib/uucp/uucpname instead.  Somewhere in that file you put the
UUCP name.  Oh, I see, that's all that's in the file.

Question:  I haven't even bothered to look in the documentation, but it
	would be `nice' to remove some non-vanilla-ness from our systems.
	Does the Ultrix UUCP do the uucpd  & t-protocol stuff?  And
	does the Ultrix UUCP do anything to require certin UUCP names to
	log in with certain login names?
--
<- David Herron; an MMDF guy                              <david at ms.uky.edu>
<- ska: David le casse\*'      {rutgers,uunet}!ukma!david, david at UKMA.BITNET