Upgrade woes.

Ravindran Ramachandran rr at csuna.cs.uh.edu
Sat Aug 26 10:05:16 AEST 1989

  Sorry to bug the net, but I badly need to get the system back up before
Monday if possible.

  I have two DecStation 3100s. I finished upgrading one of them to V3.1,
but am having trouble with the other. Somehow the distribution media seems
to have been corrupted after the upgrade of the first. I have my tape drive
on a SCSI TK50, and I think the reason why it has got corrupted is because
I did not take the tape out before rebooting the first. Anyway, I am now
unable to install the UWS2.1 software in. The error I get is
"
There were fatal verification errors for subset UDWX11021
"

This caused the other Xwindow software not to be installed either.

  The solution that I am hoping to achieve is that as I have already installed
the software subsets on one of my systems, I want to be able to extract it
and then install it on the other. I can move the TK50 drive between them.
Please (please)*  tell me if this is possible, and if so, the solution.

  Over and out,
    Ravi. (A tired soul).