DECwindows/NFS problem

Chris Cordrey chris at winsrf.dco.dec.com
Thu Aug 31 01:38:25 AEST 1989

> Has anyone been able to set things up so that a user's home directory is on
> an imported NFS file structure and they are able to login to the console
> device of either a DECstation-3100 or a VAXstation through the DECwindows
> interface?  I've tried this under Ultrix 3.0 and 3.1 on both machines and
> the logins fail.  With the home directory set to be on an imported NFS

Just tested this out on my DECstation, running UWS version 2.1.
Works fine.  Host supplying NFS home directory was a uVAX 3600 with 3.0
I think your problem may be related to permissions or some such nonsense.
Are your uids the same on both hosts?  Running YP?  Are you setenv'ing your
DISPLAY to be pointing somewhere incorrect in your .????? files?
All speculation, of course, till we have more info.

-chris

                      \|/
                     --o--
                      /|\