DEC Email Addresses (was Re: electronic SPR)

Frank Wortner frank at croton.dec.com
Tue Aug 22 00:01:30 AEST 1989

= Finally, I've had pretty good luck with sending E-mail to people inside
= DEC, including the support center people.  All of DEC internal seems to
= be on a flat addressed net called E-net.  If your system supports domain
= style addresses and you want to send mail to person at node, then mail to
= person at node.dec.com works.  If not, then you need to go thru one of the
= gateways, either decuac or decwrl.  In this case, adresses of the form
= ...!decuac!node.dec.com!person or ...!decuac!node.enet!person seem to
= work.  If your system can be accessed by a domain style address, they have
= no problem sending mail back to you, otherwise you may have a problem...

If you aren't reachable via a domain address, please enclose a WORKING path
from decwrl.  I've had quite a few messages end up undelivered because some
machine somewhere had never heard of its supposed neighbor.

					Frank

					frank at croton.dec.com
					...!decwrl!croton.dec.com!frank