Distinguishing "true" MIPS box from DECstation at compile time

Casey Leedom casey at gauss.llnl.gov
Sun Dec 24 12:28:21 AEST 1989

| From: moraes at cs.toronto.edu (Mark Moraes)
|
| It is probably much better to ifdef on specific features that one needs
| (eg.  BSD_SIGNALS, JOB_CONTROL, DIRENT, SHMEM, etc) than on a specific
| vendor type ...

  I agree, but if you do this, please use the proposed POSIX defines for
this.  That way you shouldn't have to change too much when POSIX actually
makes it out of the shop.  (Sorry, I don't have the draft standard on me,
so I can't provide any details on what the proposed defines are or even
which file a POSIX conforming program is supposed to include to get the
set of Supported Feature Constants.)

Casey