DEC X11 terminals: when, what?

Yukon Kid jae at c-art.UUCP
Mon Dec 18 10:55:49 AEST 1989

In article <1330 at eutrc3.urc.tue.nl> rcpt at eutrc4.urc.tue.nl (Piet Tutelaers) writes:

>DEC has announced X11 terminals. Can somebody answer some of my following
>questions?
>a) When will these X11 terminals become available?
>b) At what price range?

Dunno.

>c) I have heard rumours that this terminal is a NCD with DECnet.
>   Does somebody know more about this rumours. When does NCD come with
>   DECnet?

The DEC product is DEC's, not NCD's.  NCD X Terminals work
with DECwindows (X11), and DECnet (using NCDnet), right now.

-john

John Eadie  Computing Art Inc  (416) 536-9951
e-mail: jeadie at Sun.COM | jae at c-art.UUCP | {uunet,suncan}!c-art!jae

`these deepest problems are in fact *not* problems at all.' - Wittgenstein