DECnet TASK= activation from an Ultrix machine

Michael McGuffey mcguffey at muvms3.bitnet
Sat Dec 2 04:11:51 AEST 1989

I'm trying to get the decnet "task=" to work from an Ultrix node
to a VMS node.

The following is the command I'm using (although I've tried every
combination of node/directory/quote marks I know):

quayle %73 > dcp - muvms3::'task=decw_server'

The following is the error I'm getting:

dcp: can't create "muvms3::task=decw_server", Unspecified access error
    File Open, filename syntax error.

My goal is to be able to (from the Ultrix node) run a .COM file on
a VMS node that will open DECterm and application DECwindows on the
Ultrix node.  I'm currently logging in to the VMS machine to activate
the .COM files.

The Ultrix node is a DS3100 w/DECnet installed
The VMS nodes vary from a VS3100 to a 6000-430.  All nodes have the same
result.

thanks,

-- michael
Michael McGuffey, Senior Software Applications Analyst
Phone:    304/696-3212			University Computer Center
FAX:      304/696-3601			Marshall University
BITNET:   mcguffey at muvms1		Huntington, WV 25755-5320
Internet: mcguffey%muvms3 at wvnvms.wvnet.edu