/etc/exports file records (length problems?)

wallis at wsucsa.uucp wallis at wsucsa.uucp
Tue Dec 5 23:32:16 AEST 1989

        Dear Netlanders:

        Does anyone know the line length limit of a line in the /etc/exports
file?  We are using NSF and I export directories to several workstations
(ULTRIX 3.1 on VAXstation 3100s).  Now that the workstations are using BIND,
the exports file "wants" the fully-qualified name of the workstation (ie.
xxxx.yyyy.zzzz.EDU, or something like that). Some of these names are very long
and I am worried about running into length restrictions when more workstations
are added to the exports file.

        Any suggestions are appreciated.

        Thanks in advance,

        Tom Wallis
Thomas Wallis                          BITNET: WALLIS at TWSUVAX
System Manager, Computer Science Dept. INTERNET: wallis at wsucsa.wsu.UKans.EDU
Wichita State University               UUCP: uunet!ncrlnk!ncrwic!wsucsa!wallis
Wichita, Ks.  67208

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed here are my own, and do not reflect the
views of the Computer Science Department or Wichita State University.