no core: help needed

Greg Pavlov pavlov at canisius.UUCP
Mon Dec 18 13:28:13 AEST 1989

In article <1317 at eutrc3.urc.tue.nl>, rcpt at eutrc4.urc.tue.nl (Piet Tutelaers) writes:

> We get regular the message `no core' on our uVAXII since we have recently
> upgraded our memory capacity from 5 to 13 MB. We use two swap disks,......

  I assume that you modified your config file and recompiled the kernel...

> c) Is it possible to find out what memory claim a program makes?

  If you execute "ps -agux" (or many other variants of parameters to ps), you
  will see a column labeled "SZ".  This will tell you how much swap space has
  been set aside for each process (whether or not the processes will ever "use"
  all of it).

   greg pavlov, fstrf, amherst, ny