/etc/exports file records (length problems?)

Mark Sausville saus at media-lab.media.mit.edu
Thu Dec 7 13:37:57 AEST 1989

   From: grr at cbmvax.UUCP (George Robbins)
   Newsgroups: comp.unix.ultrix
   Date: 6 Dec 89 17:14:49 GMT

   In article <8066 at wsucsa.uucp> wallis at wsucsa.uucp writes:

   >         Does anyone know the line length limit of a line in the /etc/exports

   You should (theoretically) be able to use "netgroups" in the exports file
   to abbreviate the entries in the exports file...

   but no way officially representing	arpa: cbmvax!grr at uunet.uu.net

Is this true?  I haven't heard this before, but I haven't scanned every
release note extant.  I was planning to hack the source to do this but
won't if it's already there.

Could George (or DEC) elaborate please?

						Mark.

Mark Sausville                           MIT Media Laboratory
Computer Systems Administrator           Room E15-354
617-253-0325                             20 Ames Street
saus at media-lab.media.mit.edu             Cambridge, MA 02139