DECstation 4100

Jeff Michaud michaud at decvax.dec.com
Fri Dec 15 13:55:56 AEST 1989

> Someone told me that DEC has spec'd 4Mb DRAMS for the DS3100, allowing
> your to put 64Mb in a DS3100. Is this true or just ``rumor''.

	Well it's the first time I've heard such a rumor.  But in
	any case, how do you get only 64Mbytes w/4Mbit DRAMS?
	I believe the current DRAMS in use on the SIMMS are
	1Mbit with a total system capcity of 24Mbytes.  If 4Mbit
	DRAMS were used (in the same space as the 1Mbit ones),
	I would think it would come out to 24Mbytes * 4, or
	96Mbytes?  Maybe there is a limitation w/the address bus?

	Sounds nice, but also sounds expensive :-)

|Jeff Michaud    michaud at decwrl.dec.com  michaud at decvax.dec.com|
|DECnet-ULTRIX   #include <standard/disclaimer.h>              |