5400 performance

Bruce Ferguson bferguso at ics.uci.edu
Wed Dec 6 04:51:50 AEST 1989

Does anyone have this same problem:

We are running two NFS servers in our network, a Vaxserver 3500,
and a 5400. The 5400 is very lightly loaded, and only exports one partition,
the 3500 exports numerous partitions, and is heavily accessed.

HOWEVER! the 5400 shows a very noticably slower response to any command, such
as inc, show, ls etc. Actual operation of the commands on the system seems
O.K. Its only network operations that cause a problem.

WE have the folowing Ultrix 3.1a, nfs and yp installed, two ra90's on the
q-bus.

Anyone who has had this same performance problem, please  let me know.

Thanks,

Bruce.