Getting inside the quotes in sendmail...

Leonard J. Peirce peirce at gumby.cc.wmich.edu
Thu Dec 7 00:28:30 AEST 1989

In article <922 at gumby.cc.wmich.edu> I wrote:
>In article <71 at ucunix.SAN.UC.EDU> rainwatr at ucunix.san.uc.edu (Don Rainwater) writes:
>>	Does anyone have any suggestions for getting around this
>>problem?  What I would really like is info on how to get inside the
>>quotes, but I'm open to other suggestions as well.  Thanks in advance
>>for any help.
>
>The problem exists in sendmail.

I'm not sure what I was thinking at the time but this is wrong.  The problem
is in /usr/etc/mail11dv3, *not* sendmail.  I knew that when I posted before
but I mistakenly said sendmail; it's been a while since I had to deal with
it.  Mondays are hell......

Anyway...

/usr/etc/mail11dv3 is the actual culprit.  And I do have a copy that works
if anyone wants it.  Everyone who asked for the patched version of sendmail
will instead get a patched /usr/etc/mail11dv3.

BTW, I also have a fixed version of sendmail if anyone wants it.  It fixes
a problem with having hosts first in /etc/svcorder and resolving outgoing
mail to MX'd sites.  I must have been thinking about this the other day.
Sigh....
Leonard J. Peirce               Internet:  peirce at gumby.cc.wmich.edu
Western Michigan University                peirce at gw.wmich.edu
Academic Computer Center        UUCP:      ...!uunet!sharkey!wmichgw!peirce
Kalamazoo, MI  49008            Phone:     (616) 387-5469

This is STILL the Al Franken Decade.....