/etc/exports file records (length problems?)

Allan E Johannesen aej at wpi.wpi.edu
Sat Dec 16 00:47:08 AEST 1989

>>>>> On 10 Dec 89 08:07:28 GMT, treese at crltrx.crl.dec.com (Win Treese) said:

treese> In article <8875 at cbmvax.UUCP> grr at cbmvax.UUCP (George Robbins) writes:

>The use of netgroups in the exports file is mentioned in the exports man
>page.  Netgroups are a part of Yellow Pages so that would probably be the
>place to look for setup information.  I don't know if you you can get it
>to use netgroups without running (yeech) YP.

treese> You need to use YP.

False (at least on the machines here (DECstation3100's, Encore)).  It
can't hurt to try the /etc/netgroups approach before setting up YP.
It's trivial to try it, anyway.  Maybe there are some machines that
require YP for this to work, but a test should only take a minute.