Invoking shell scripts in cron

Kenneth Ingham ingham at egeria.unm.edu
Fri Dec 8 08:57:37 AEST 1989

In article <4403 at helios.ee.lbl.gov>, envbvs at epb2.lbl.gov (Brian V.
Smith) writes:
< In article <2199 at prune.bbn.com>, rsalz at bbn.com (Rich Salz) writes:
<
< < I'm on a system without per-user crontab's (4.2BSD, Sun3.x, Ultrix, etc.).
<
< I haven't installed Ultrix 3.1 yet, but in 3.0, there are no per-user
< crontabs.  I quote (without permission) from crontab(5):
<
< >> The cron command executes at specified dates and times
< >>     according to the instructions in the /usr/lib/crontab file.
< Does 3.1 have per-user crontabs?

We have 3.1 installed here.  The manual page doesn't say anything about
them (it reads the same as above).

Kenneth Ingham          Computer and Information Resources and Technology
ingham at ariel.unm.edu	University of New Mexico
505-277-8045		Albuquerque, NM 87131