ULTRIX 3.0 (netdb.h)

Brain in Neutral bin at primate.wisc.edu
Tue Jan 31 06:22:56 AEST 1989

>From article <76661 at felix.UUCP>, by hubcap at hubcap.UUCP (Mike Marshall):
> I checked the man page for gethostent, and they're still using the
> old-style hostent structure in netdb.h that has the single dimensional
> h_addr... I wonder how their sendmail handles MX records? (hmmm... I wish
> I was in my office where the manuals are... I wonder IF it handles MX
> records...)

Oh, no, you're kidding...augghh!!

Maybe they did this so that when we replace their BIND, sendmail, ftp,
etc. with 4.3BSD versions, we'll still have to go through the usual
gyrations to make them compile compatibly...  (only 1/2 :-))

Did you check the netdb.h file itself.  Hopefully it's just the manual
page that's out of date...

Paul DuBois
dubois at primate.wisc.edu	rhesus!dubois
bin at primate.wisc.edu	rhesus!bin