uerf data file format

Chris Siebenmann cks at white.toronto.edu
Thu Jul 27 03:22:12 AEST 1989

 We accumulate all our client error logs into one file on our server
here (it makes checking them easier). However, uerf only offers two
output formats; too verbose and too terse. So I'd like to write myself
a uerf-like program that produces output of the form:

	system	date	message

 However, to do this I have to decipher the format of the error file.
/usr/include/sys/errlog.h is most unhelpful, and I can't find any
other documentation on the file format. Does anyone have either
documentation on the format (or pointers to the same; if it's in a
manual, just tell me...) or a program/magic set of uerf options to
produce this format of output?

 Thanks in advance.

--
	"I shall clasp my hands together and bow to the corners of the world."
			Number Ten Ox, "Bridge of Birds"