X.25 support for ULTRIX (VAX or MIPS)

Mark I. Williams ccwilliams at wombat.decnet.uq.oz
Mon Jul 24 11:17:11 AEST 1989

In article <1489 at ndmath.UUCP>, milo at ndmath.UUCP (Greg Corson) writes:
> Is anyone aware of an X.25 communications package that can
> be used under Ultrix on either a DECstation (mips) or
> microvax running Ultrix?

	DEC does not currently supply an X.25 package for ULTRIX, although I
have heard rumors to the effect that one will be available in the future (the
distant future?).
	There is one third-party offering from a software house in New Your,
which is listed in the ULTRIX source book, my copy of which I can't find at the
moment. I don't know anything about this software, except that it certainly
costs money, and that it probably doesn't drive any of the DECstation
peripherals.
	I believe there are some public domain versions available for BSD UNIX
(The UBC sockets code springs to mind) that you could put on ULTRIX, although
you will probably have to do a bit of work to get them up.

Mark I. Williams	   ACSnet: ccwilliams at wombat.decnet.uq.oz
Network Engineering,	   ARPA:   ccwilliams at wombat.decnet.uq.oz.au
Prentice Computer Centre,  INFOPSI: ccwilliams at wombat.uq.edu.au(050527372000090)
The University of Queensland.	JANET:ccwilliams at au.edu.uq.wombat