Emacs and X

Bob Sutterfield bob at giza.cis.ohio-state.edu
Mon Jul 24 05:17:23 AEST 1989

In article <15720 at pasteur.Berkeley.EDU> faustus at dogwood.Berkeley.EDU (Wayne A. Christopher) writes:
   Is there a version of Emacs that opens up real X windows for each
   Emacs window?

That's a reported feature of the upcoming GNU Emacs version 19.

I've seen Unipress Emacs (for which you're welcome to pay) do
window-in-a-window and other slick window system interactions under
NeWS (for which you're also welcome to pay), but I don't know about
their X support.

I don't think CCA Emacs or any of the micro-Emacsen do any window
system support at all, so they probably don't do more advanced stuff
either.