Possable inaccuracy in DS3100 installation manual

Ricky Palmer - 603881-0370 - ZK3-3/T74 rsp at decvax.dec.com
Thu Jun 1 06:13:39 AEST 1989

-------

Might be a bug in the prom microcode for the DS3100. I tried it
on my machine and it acted similarly. I do know that I had
a TK50 at a different unit than 5 for testing purposes and that
worked but I don't recall ever trying the boot code path
with the tape unit at a different than 5 value. I don't believe
it has anything to do with the SCSI implementation. It's most likely
a prom bug.

---   Ricky Palmer	 Ultrix Advanced Development
---   Digital Equipment Corporation
---   Nashua, New Hampshire
---   ... One of the fathers of PMAX ...