Device support under Ultrix 3.0

Robert N. Berlinger naftoli at aecom.yu.edu
Tue Jun 13 04:13:37 AEST 1989

>From the Ultrix 3.0 product description (SPD), it appears that
DEC has dropped support of a number of MassBus disks from v2.X including
the RM80.  Anyone know why?  We were preparing to bring up Ultrix
on a 11/750 with an Emulex SC7000 disk controller and Fuji Eagle
2351A disks the combination of which emulates RM80s.  Am I
out of luck?  Anyone out there have Fuji drives running under
Ultrix 3.0?

Also from what I understand RP07s are supported "data only."  Does
this indeed mean I can't boot from one?  Why is there this limitation?
I'd think DEC would support it's own hardware vigorously especially considering
it was supported in Ultrix 2.X.
Robert N. Berlinger		    |Domain: naftoli at aecom.yu.edu
Supervisor of Systems Support	    |UUCP: {uunet}!aecom!naftoli
Scientific Computing Center	    |CompuServe: 73047,741 GEnie: R.Berlinger
Albert Einstein College of Medicine |Pan: berlinger  AppleLink: U0995