Multiple LAT service names

Andrew Poling ecf_hap at jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU
Fri Jun 23 08:31:14 AEST 1989

In article <1701 at ucqais.uc.edu> rainwatr at ucqais.uc.edu (Donald J. Rainwater) writes:

>	We have several VAXen on campus, most of which run VMS.  These all
>offer two LAT services each - one is the node name and the other is the first
>letter of the node name.  For example, node ABCDEF offers two services -
>ABCDEF and A.  Both services provide equal access to the users, so typing
>"C A" at the Local> prompt is the same as typing "C ABCDEF".
>
>	We would like to provide this same "service name alias" for our
>Ultrix 3.0 system.  Is this possible?

According to the manuals, this is a trivial operation.  In practice, I have
yet to manage to get lcp to swallow anything but single-service
specifications.  I'd like to have BOTH the telnet gateway and normal LAT
terminal service available.

Has anyone figured it out?  I've tried some subtle variations on the
procedures given in the manuals to absolutely no avail.

Andy

Andy Poling						andy at gollum.hcf.jhu.edu
Network Services Group					ecf_hap at jhunix.UUCP
Homewood Academic Computing				ECF_HAP at JHUVMS.BITNET
Johns Hopkins University