Postscript output from troff

Steven D. Miller steve at fnord.umiacs.umd.edu
Sat Jun 3 08:03:23 AEST 1989

I'd love to know the answer to this, too.  The Adobe TranScript package seems
(without beating on it particularly hard) to compile and run without problems.
Unfortunately, it seems (from the poking about I've done) that there's no
way to get the DECstation troff to read *any* font width files, even those
in /usr/lib/font.  From what I see with trace(1), the -F option does nothing
(i.e., no font width files are opened), and even running without -F, troff
never opens any files in /usr/lib/font.  I've also seen error messages from
the DECstation troff that aren't in the VAX Ultrix troff source.
Unfortunately, the 4.3BSD troff doesn't just drop in place, so now I'm
waiting for the sources...

If anyone else knows the answer to this, I'd love to hear it.  RTFMs are
(as always) welcome.  (Not that I can find a troff man entry, but maybe
I somehow didn't install it.)

	-Steve

Spoken: Steve Miller    Domain: steve at mimsy.umd.edu    UUCP: uunet!mimsy!steve
Phone: +1-301-454-1808  USPS: UMIACS, Univ. of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742