Ultrix3.0/X11 key mappings - how?

stripes at wam.UMD.EDU stripes at wam.UMD.EDU
Wed Jun 28 13:29:56 AEST 1989

In article <2097 at ccncsu.ColoState.EDU> steved at longs.LANCE.ColoState.Edu (Steve Dempsey) writes:
[stuff removed]
>I would like to remap my keyboard so shift-comma/period produces the old
><angle> brackets.  This was simple under X10, but now it looks like I must
>have an Xdefault entry like:
>
>       Xterm*Vt100*Keymap*Tranlations: Shift<key>,: string("<")

That does look un-nice, and not only that but it won't change the keys for
dxmail, dxterm, xmh, and everything but xterm...
>or some such thing.  So what is the proper incantation, and where is it
>documented?
It's called xmodmap, there is a man page on our VAX, so you should have one
too.
I feed it this file which changes the <> keys as well as changeing the
big "X in a Triangle like thing" key where the backspace belongs into
a backspace (I use many termanls, and the VAXstation is the only one
with a easy to find Delete key, so I set stty erase ^H...) feel free
to change any or all of it...
keycode 237 = period greater
keycode 232 = comma less
keycode 188 = BackSpace Delete
!0xffff  Delete

--
           stripes at wam.umd.edu          "Security for Unix is like
      Josh_Osborne at Real_World,The          Mutitasking for MS-DOS"