IPC between VMS and ULTRIX

Chandra Chegireddy chandra at beach.cis.ufl.edu
Fri Jun 16 06:38:18 AEST 1989

Hi:

  I am working on setting up a distributed processing system including
VAX and DEC stations. So far the we implemented the VMS portion of the
IPC system. Now we want to add the DECstations running ULTRIX 3.0 and the
DECnet-ULTRIX. Is it possible to make two processes connect and talk to
each other when one is running under VMS and the other is running under
ULTRIX?

  It looks like ULTRIX likes to think in terms of SOCKETS for connections
while VMS is looking in terms of LINKS. If anyone has attempted this before
or have any ideas or examples, I would very much like to receive them.

  If I receive significant number of replies, I will post a summary.
Thanks in advance....

                                            Chandra Chegireddy
                                            chandra at beach.cis.ufl.edu
                                            chandra at ufpine   (BITNET)