Mapping from LBNs to sectors

Chris Jepeway jepeway at rastaban.cs.utk.edu
Wed Mar 22 04:20:40 AEST 1989

We've got an ra81 with some corrupted blocks as indicated by the
`radisk' utility.  I'm trying to figure out what files are associated
with these bad blocksso I can restore them.  To do this, sayeth the
gray Ultrix 3.0 documentation, I must know the sector where the error
occurs and use the `icheck' command with the `-b' option.  Well, OK,
but `radisk' only reports the Logical Block Numbers of the blocks
where the suspect data resides.  How do I translate to sector number?
Any help would be appreciated.

Chris.
INTERNET: jepeway at utkcs2.cs.utk.edu
BINET:    jep at utkvx1