Will Ultrix support my 3rd-party stuff?

Don Speck mangler at csvax.caltech.edu
Wed Mar 22 04:55:25 AEST 1989

My boss expressed interest in converting our aging 780 and 750's
from BSD to Ultrix.  Naturally the Software Product Description
doesn't mention support for any peripheral that DEC hasn't sold
with vaxen.

Are DH11 and TM11 compatibles supported?

Will it boot from an SI 9900 disk controller, with disks that
are not conformable to an RM05 geometry, e.g. Fujitsu Eagles?

Will my old Interlan NI1010A Ethernet controllers work?

Will Ultrix run substantially slower than BSD on a 4MB 780?
On a 2.75 MB 750?