Administrivia

Art Zemon zemon%ioctl.dec.com at decwrl.dec.com
Sat Mar 18 04:45:46 AEST 1989

Votes are in and the response was underwhelming (5 votes).  There
were no strong objections to making comp.unix.ultrix unmoderated
so that is what will happen.  I have asked the NetPowers to make
the change.

In the meantime, please hold off on posting things to
comp.unix.ultrix.  I already have a backlog of 50+ articles and
am trying to get ready for yet another trip.  (Amazing but true
fact: the extensive delays in postings usually correspond to when
I am out of town.)  I will get the backlog posted before I leave
for three weeks.

I will also post another message when I find out the effective
date of the change to unmoderated status.

Finally, an unusually large number of you have sent me
subscription requests for the email redistribution on ARPANET and
BITNET.  That is being handled by somebody at UCB and I will
forward all the requests to him.  Since I will no longer be a
focal point for comp.unix.ultrix articles, and since I have been
feeding UCB for the redistribution, I don't know whether that
service will continue.  I will post more info as I get it.

    -- Art Z.