Remote Mounts

Win Treese treese at crltrx.crl.dec.com
Sat Mar 25 15:08:58 AEST 1989

In article <88365 at felix.UUCP> peyton at hplabs.UUCP writes:

>Does anyone know why I am getting the following error message when I try to
>remotely mount an ultrix 2.3 file system from a Sun ? The message appears
>on the ultrix console.
>
>NFS Server: unexported fs(9,7) file 2, gettattr, client address = 128.60.2.112

What is the first host name listed in /etc/hosts on the Ultrix machine for
that address?  If it isn't nrl-css.arpa (all lower-case), then the Ultrix
server fails when it tries to compare the hostname associated with that
address to the one listed in /etc/exports.

Win Treese						Cambridge Research Lab
treese at crl.dec.com					Digital Equipment Corp.