Problems with exabyte

Hurf Sheldon hurf at batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu
Wed Nov 22 06:02:18 AEST 1989

/etc/dump "$LEVEL"usdf 4800 6666 /dev/nrmt1h /usr/users

 the '4800' is big enough for us to get the /usr/users partition in - at
 6666 the dump program figures about 75mb per 1200ft so you can calculate
 accordingly (that it does this is new with 3.0 and designed to avoid
 the tk-50 having a file spread over a tape boundary because it
 can't restore one that is) I suppose you could use -d 10000 (the tk-70)
 but most exabyte implementations mimic a tk50. I am not sure but
 I believe the density might be moot as it doesn't seem to make
 a difference in speed or tape length. - Just used to calculate when
 to call for a new tape.

hurf
     Hurf Sheldon			 Network: hurf at ionvax.tn.cornell.edu
     Lab of Plasma Studies		  Bitnet: hurf at CRNLION
     369 Upson Hall, Cornell University, Ithaca, N.Y. 14853  ph:607 255 7267
     "And the walls came tumbling down"