Increasing number of users in Ultrix 1.2

Kim Greer klg at dukeac.UUCP
Wed Nov 15 01:13:00 AEST 1989

  We have a microvax II gpx running Ultrix 1.2.  Two years ago when we
got the machine, we opted to go with the much less expensive 2 user
license (compared to 8 or 16, the next step up) since at the time our
group consisted of 3 or so full time people.  Now we have several more
people that would often like to be (r)logged in simultaneously.  Wtihout
springing for the cost of new tapes, is there a simple way to change
the number of allowed users without violating licensing agreements ?