DECwindows customizations (another question)

Ravindran Ramachandran rr at csun10.cs.uh.edu
Sat Nov 11 07:51:15 AEST 1989

   A question about DecWindows starting up on a ULTRIX system;
is it possible to log into the terminal using the

console  "etc/getty std.9600" vt100 on secure

entry in /etc/ttys, and then startup dxsession? Basically, I want
to be able to startup DecWindows *after* logging in, just like I
can start up xinit. I want to be able to make the choice of having
either X windows, or Dec Windows, running after logging in.

   Basically, is dxsession similar to xinit? From the entry that
I see in /etc/ttys, dxsession does not call X (Xcfb, in my case)
but instead has /bin/login do it.

   Thanks for any pointers,
     --Ravi-

PS: About my previous request for information: there seem to be
more people interested in getting 3rd party disks, but very few
already using it; I have 10 requests for info but only one reply
with the information.