Ultrix on uVax I

Ross Parker parker at zaphod.mpr.ca
Wed Nov 15 04:36:17 AEST 1989

massey at typhoon.atmos.colostate.edu (Todd Massey) writes:
>> I want to place ultrix on a uVax I and i need to know what the
>> newest version is that will run on it.
>
>	The last version of ULTRIX to support the MicroVAX I
>	was the ULTRIX-32m V1.2.  We are now at V3.1.

Nope.... you lose. I would have hoped that someone from DEC would have
gotten this one right!!! :-)

	The last version to support the MicroVax I was Ultrix 2.0.
This version will give you NFS support, and I believe it also gave Decnet-
Internet gateway support.

	We're running 2.0 on our Microvax I, albeit without DECnet... the
box is a terrible slug already. I didn't keep a copy of the release notes for
2.0, but I know that I upgraded that system to the latest possible release.

	Be sure that you *really* want to use this beast... the power of a PC
for the cost of a Vax.

>> Thanks,

My pleasure...

>> Todd Massey     \ Don't write in starlight cause the words may come out real

Ross Parker      				| Why do they put me down?
Microtel Pacific Research Ltd.			| Make out that I'm a clown?
Burnaby, B.C.,	     				| I drink scotch whisky all
Canada, eh?	     uunet!ubc-cs!mpre!parker	|	 day long
(604)293-5495	     parker at mpre.mpr.ca		| Yeah I'm gonna save my money
Disclaimer:					| (gonna put it all away...)
My fingers are doing all the work...		| 'Cause I'm a Scotsman