Use of rwalld

Hurf Sheldon hurf at batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu
Fri Oct 27 01:25:35 AEST 1989

In article <1989Oct25.212301.22755 at acd4.UUCP> mjb at acd4.UUCP ( Mike Bryan          ) writes:

>Ultrix uses the rwalld program to print messages whenever an NFS
>server system is being rebooted.  However, I can find no documented
>way to utilize this for my own general-purpose "rwall" needs.  Does

	'echo "server going down" |rsh client wall'

 There are obviously many script variants that can be tailored to
 your own systems.

hurf
     Hurf Sheldon			 Network: hurf at ionvax.tn.cornell.edu
     Lab of Plasma Studies		  Bitnet: hurf at CRNLION
     369 Upson Hall, Cornell University, Ithaca, N.Y. 14853  ph:607 255 7267
  I got a job in science; I bought a Porsche; Now, everyone takes me seriously.