Ethernet Problems

George Robbins grr at cbmvax.UUCP
Sun Oct 22 07:12:11 AEST 1989

In article <784 at umt.UUCP> marsh at umt.UUCP (Paul Marsh) writes:
> I'm experiencing major problems getting our ethernet running in the following
> configuration.  We have a VAX 11/785, running ULTRIX 3.1.  The dmz and dmf0
> are DEC dm{f,z}'s, while dmf1 through dmf14 are on an ABLE Computer Inc. dmf
> emulation board.  If I configure the kernel with only 11 ABLE dmf emulation
> modules, the ethernet works without a hitch.

My recollection is that the Ultrix SPD claims that no more than 10 of a
particular interface type can be configured.  This may have to do with the
configuration parameters used for the BINARY.vax modules, in which case
you probably start stomping over somebody else's data area when you go beyond
the pre-configured limit.

If this is so, I'm not sure there's an elegant solution w/o source...

but no way officially representing	arpa: cbmvax!grr at uunet.uu.net