Ultrix 2.2 (Bleh) - constantly crashing machine

Jonathan Knight jonathan at cs.keele.ac.uk
Tue Oct 17 01:04:48 AEST 1989

We have the misfortune of having a MicroVax II running Ultrix 2.2.
We often see two effects.
	1.	Racing getty's - this seems to be due to induction
		in the terminal lines, but if anyone knows of a bug
		in Ultrix that causes this, we'd like to know.

	2.	Machine crashes as the load average hits about 7.  Often
		this is in conjunction with 1, so the effect could be caused
		by a bug in init.

If anyone can shed any light or better still a bug fix, I'd be very pleased
to hear from you.
--
  ______    JANET :jonathan at uk.ac.keele.cs     Jonathan Knight,
    /       BITNET:jonathan%cs.kl.ac.uk at ukacrl Department of Computer Science