Changing DS3100 screen backgrounds

Mark Hastings hastings at walnut
Sat Sep 23 03:23:50 AEST 1989

In article <2419 at td2cad.intel.com> jmarek at td2cad.intel.com (John Marek) writes:

>For the DS3100, what are the appropriate files to change to replace the large
>"digital" logo on the login screen with something much nicer to stare at (like
>maybe an image of myself :-) )?

>     John Marek                                     jmarek at td2cad.intel.com

Has anyone else noticed that when you do turn off the logo, your logins
start to have an extra ~15 second delay before starting?  It's like the
system just sits there any says, "this is the price you pay for not giving
us some extra advertising..."  Or am I just imagining things?

BTW, I have tried (and succeeded) to turn off the DIGITAL logo by adding a
"*displayLogo: off" line to /.Xdefaults (which I believe is the "correct"
way to override the master defaults that are stored in /usr/lib/X11/app-
defaults/{XSessionManager,SessionManager}).

--Mark Hastings					(415) 642-4611
  hastings at ernie.berkeley.edu			..!ucbvax!ernie!hastings