linking /etc/passwd file in network

Frank Wortner frank at croton.dec.com
Thu Sep 7 23:40:40 AEST 1989

In article <126 at clleth.UUCP>, grant at clleth.UUCP (Grant Fengstad) writes:

= I have probably what could be considered a basic question.  I've been
= asked by a friend who is going to be administering a lab full of
= DECstation/VAXstation 3100's if it is possible to link the /etc/passwd
= files together so that in a network environment maintenance (ie:
= password changing, etc.) is easier.

That is exactly what Yellow Pages does.  Look in the reference manual section 8
for ypsetup.  If you have on-line manual pages, do a "man 8 ypsetup".

Regards,
						Frank