ksh - no space error message

Frank Wortner frank at croton.dec.com
Mon Sep 18 23:42:47 AEST 1989

In article <658 at tijc02.UUCP>, cgh018 at tijc02.UUCP (Calvin Hayden ) writes:

> Has anyone using ksh seen the following error:
>
> ksh: no space

... may or may not have anything to do with the problem ...

Check those "dot" files!  Someone once asked me to figure out why ksh
suddenly seemed to start taking forever to start.  I did an "ls -la"
and found that the ".history" file was 12Meg!  (To this day I have no
idea what caused this.)

Corrupted "dot" files can cause programs to behave in strange ways.

Regards,
					Frank